Killarney Mindful Hiking offer guided walks with a touch of mindfulness on the beautiful mountains around County Kerry and West Cork.
Unpredictable Atlantic weather, complex terrain and other challenges are all part of the hill walking experience in this wonderful environment. The sheer beauty of the mountain ranges of the Iveragh, Dingle and Beara Peninsulas cannot be fully appreciated without the help and leadership of an experienced Mountain Hiking Guide.
Book a guided walk in the South West of Ireland with Killarney Mindful Hiking, whose priority it is to promote the enjoyment of walking safely and responsibly in the mountains.
Our approach to Mountain Hiking is Flexible, Dynamic and Holistic:
- Flexible choosing paths matching our abilities
- Dynamic creating a very supportive and trusting ambience
- Holistic Hiking takes into consideration a person's wellness including some aspects of holistic health: Social, Physical, Emotional, Mental, and Spiritual.
There are a selection of wonderful walking routes which cater for individual preferences and abilities. These walks are categorised according to their grades of difficulty:
- A strenuous walk can involve a steep climb, cover 12km to 16km and take 6 hours or more to complete.
- Moderate walks are more suited for scrambling, can take 5 hours or more and cover 10kms to 14km.
- The easy walks usually involve a more progressive ascent/descent over 8km to 12km over a period of 4 hours or more.
The walks take place on varied terrain at different paces. Some sections of the routes will be through tough wet boggy moorland, uneven broken ground, areas with overgrown heather, grass or bracken, and ascending hills and mountains over steep ground.
Often we do short stops to catch our breath; to admire the mountains, flora and wildlife; to take pictures; to have lunch break, etc. After a walk, you might feel a little bit tired, but have the impression that time passed quickly and have a feeling of happiness & well-being. Those are the signs that you enjoyed thoroughly the walk. No matter the season, or how many times you have visited, each time will fill you with joy.
Weather, time of the year, ground conditions, terrain, distance, ascent, time, pace, quality of hiking gear, your fitness level, how you feel (energy level), hillwalking experience, and the group’s ability, are factors that will determine the real grade of difficulty of a walk.
For instance, wet ground (rocks, grass) makes difficult to keep the balance and increases the risk of a slip.
REQUEST AVAILABILITY FOR A SUITABLE DAY
Call - Text to Cesar +353 87 611 7848
(1) Confirm booking, then just go & pay at meeting point
(2) Pay by electronic bank transfer
(3) Book some hikes on Airbnb website (click on available links)
- 2 day walk the MacGillycuddy's Reeks
- 2 day walk the Wild Atlantic Way Iveragh, Dingle, Beara Peninsulas
- 2 day walk Killarney National Park
- 2 day walk the Kerry Way
- 2 Night on route Hotel - B&B
- All transport for walks
- €300 per person sharing room (single supplement)
Private group welcome
Trips could be organised with 3 - 4 - 5 walking days
More info or for a QUOTE:
Contact Cesar on +353 87 611 7848
"I've been on many walks led by Cesar and he knows the mountains in Kerry better than anyone! His walks are always professionally planned and you can trust that he takes the weather conditions into consideration as well as the level of your fitness and other factors which might affect the experience. With him I've gotten to see some of the most beautiful places in the Kerry mountains and plenty of hidden gems, too.
I would definitely recommend Cesar's walks and would highly encourage everyone to explore other mountains than just Carrauntoohil as they are even more beautiful and far less crowded. With Cesar you can be sure to see places that take your breath away and offer you hiking at its best".